Naginata, a Japanese martial art of both power and grace, is characterized by the grandeur of its sweeping movements. Naginata is for people of all ages interested in either competitive fighting, or in the physical beauty of choreographed, practiced movements, called kata.
Click here to for more background on naginata and different styles of naginata, including photos of international tournaments and demonstrations.
From this welcome page you can get to the web sites of various naginata organizations worldwide, and in so doing find out about naginata in your area, or in some area to which you will be traveling.
Find out What's New on this Naginata Web site.
- International Naginata Federation
- All Japan Naginata Federation
- United States Naginata Federation
- Australian Naginata Federation
- FFJDA/CNK (France)
- Fédération de Naginata (France)
- French Naginata Portal
- Belgian Naginata Portal
- Associação de Naguinata do Brasil (Brazil)
- All New Zealand Naginata Federation
- Fédération Belge De Naginata (Belgium)
- Nederlandse Naginata Renmei (The Netherlands)
- Swedish Budo Federation (Sweden)
- Deutscher Naginata Bund (Germany)
- Canadian Naginata Federation
- British Naginata Association
Classical Naginata Styles (These are only a few of the many classical naginata styles.)
- Tendo Ryu Naginata-jutsu
- Jiki-shinkage Ryu Naginata-jutsu (in Hawaii)
- Jiki-shinkage Ryu Naginata-jutsu (in Japan)
- Toda-ha Buko Ryu Naginata-jutsu
- Katori Shinto Ryu Naginata-jutsu
- Higo Koryu Naginata-jutsu